Nine Inch Nails is reinventing itself from scratch and will tour in 2013 and 2014
Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor's legendary band, had been put on hiatus 4 years ago. Reznor had been busy with other projects, among other his award winning movie soundtracks and his band How To Destroy Angels with his wife Mariqueen Maandig. Today: big surprise! Reznor made an announcement. Read it below:
"Nine Inch Nails are touring this year. I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
More information about the new lineup:
- Eric Avery: bass - ex-Jane's Addiction, also played live with Garbage
- Adrian Belew: guitar - King Crimson, also played with Frank Zappa, Talking Heads and David Bowie
- Josh Eustis: keyboards, computers - Telefon Tel Aviv
- Alessandro Cortini: keyboards, guitars - Sonoio, toured with Nine Inch Nails from 2004 to 2008
- Ilan Rubin: drums - toured with Nine Inch Nails in 2009.