The packaging features newly-commissioned artwork by Nick Percival and a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.
To round this limited-edition release off, the set will also include Society: Party Animal, the official comic sequel to Society, reproduced in its entirety in a perfect-bound book.
After producing Stuart Gordon’s hit Re-Animator, Brian Yuzna (Bride of Re-Animator, Return of the Living Dead III) turned his hand to directing with 1989’s Society, and gave birth to one of the ickiest, most original body horror shockers of all time.
Teenager Bill Whitney (Billy Warlock) has always felt like the odd one out in his wealthy, upper-class Beverly Hills family. For some reason, he just doesn’t seem to fit in. But his sense of alienation takes a sinister turn when he hears an audio recording of his sister’s coming-out party, which seems to implicate his family and others in a bizarre, ritualistic orgy. And then there are the strange things he’s been seeing – glimpses of people with their bodies contorted impossibly out of shape… Is Bill going mad or is there something seriously amiss in his neighbourhood?
Packing stomach-churning gore and thought-provoking social commentary in equal measure, Society is a biting horror satire which culminates in one of the most gag-inducing “climaxes”’ in all of horror history.
· Newly remastered 2K digital transfer of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
· Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
· Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
· Brand new audio commentary by Yuzna
· Governor of Society – a brand new interview with Yuzna
· The Masters of the Hunt – a brand new featurette including interviews with stars Billy Warlock, Devin DeVasquez, Ben Meyerson and Tim Bartell
· The Champion of the Shunt – new featurette with FX artists Screaming Mad George, David Grasso and Nick Benson
· 2014 Q&A with Yuzna, recorded at Celluloid Screams Festival
· Brian Yuzna in conversation backstage at the Society world premiere
· ‘Persecution Mania’ – Screaming Mad George music video
· Limited Edition Digipak packaging featuring newly-commissioned artwork by Nick Percival
· Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
· Society: Party Animal [Limited Edition Exclusive] – the official comic sequel to Society, reproduced in its entirety in a perfect-bound book